FOUND MY PERSON
This past summer has been the biggest learning experience for me. For instance, it's given me the opportunity to work and assist underneath great photographers like Missy from Melissa Dale Photography.
As you know, I'm a sucker for happy endings and perfect beginnings but I admit that I get way too ahead of myself sometimes. Because of that, I miss the most important detail between those two chapters in every story: the vows.
Wedding vows are personal. They're the end to an era and the beginning to something wonderful. I would even argue that they're the most important part to a wedding.
With new ideas and google to give you some inspiration, I think nontraditional vows is something I'm happy to welcome with open arms.
For someone who prides herself in being a, "professional third wheel," I still keep a small collective (a medley made from The Knot, Pinterest, and weddings I've shot) of what I'd want to hear at a wedding (my wedding).
- "And even though I am unsure about most things in life, I am certain that I love you and will continue to love you forever."
- "I promise to remember that neither one of us is perfect but I strive to remind myself of the way we are perfect for each other."
- "I can't promise to fix all of your problems but I can promise you won't have to face them all alone."
- "I choose you again and again. At the start and finish of every single day. No matter what the season, no matter what the year."
- "I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise never to forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. I vow to love you, and no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other. "
Let's take a step back from day dreaming and planning.
I have no reason to make vows but I can make one to you, my future brides and grooms.
One day, you'll find someone who will set your soul on fire. The kind of love when your mouth hasn't stopped talking about them since the moment they kissed it. The idea that they may kiss it again stops you in your tracks to smile almost everyday...
That very same person went to all of their closest friends to announce that they had gone on their very last "first date." Maybe it took six months, maybe it took four years but someone asked a question and the other said, "yes!" Since then, you've been scrambling to plan the wedding of your dreams and by pure luck you stumble upon me. So as your photographer, this is my promise to you:
I'll be the one to catch every smile, even when you didn't think anyone was looking.
To buffer out any family nonsense because I've been there too! This is your wedding day and no one should rain on your parade.
I'll be there for all of those raw emotions when it comes to your father's first look to your mother's last piece of advice.
To write a story through my lens of the greatest wedding of them all.
I'll make those memories last forever.
So that is my promise, what's yours?
Thank you again for the read but I must sign off to photograph another wedding! Till next time...